Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year on

Hi all,
    I felt I had to post a message to everyone that has suffered from rape. One year ago I had my drink spiked and was raped. It was reported to the police and the person involved was arrested. But 5 months later the case was dropped because of the lack of evidence. I some ways i was glad it was dropped because I don't know if I could have coped with a court case but then I wish it had gone to court so this person was punished for what he did to me. (Does that make sense).
    At the time of this incident everyone said I should speak to some about what happened. But I felt I wanted to get on with my live and put it behind me. Which i did for six months, until I met the man of my dreams when all the feelings of what happened came flooding back. It was the first time I had been out since it all happened. I was with a very close friend and I'd only had one drink (which I brought wathcing the staff closely and never put down. This was my way one trying not to let it happen again.) We were in a queue and this very nice bloke started talking to us. I was very nervous and found it very hard but for some reason I trusted this person. I have no idea why because I did not even trust my closest male friends. He spent the evening with us, talking and dancing (never thought I could ever do that again.) He gave me this mobile number and said if I wanted to meet up then call him. The next day my friend and I were talking about it and she said I should call and meet him. Which I did with my friend near by. I felt I had to tell him what happened and when I did he was so supportive. We have now been together six and half months. He has certainly helped me to come to terms with what happened. I went to see a councellor who diagonosed me with PTSD. I have been seeing her regular because I am determined to not this attack ruin my relationship with my soul mate. It has not been easy to start a relationship with this hang over us but R has been wonderful and understanding. He is also there to hold me when I can't cope and to listen when things get to much. But he has also shown me that there are nice people out there and not all men are to same as the man who raped me.

I want everyone who has been in this situation to know you can and will get through it. It's very difficult to trust but when you meet the right person you know you can do it. I know R came into my life for a reason and I'm so glad he did.

I still have a long way to go before I have dealt with this completely but I am well on the way to doing it. With love and support behind you, you can get through this.

Please feel free to ask me any question's, I want to be able to help people to see their is light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care
    Rachel

I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Perhaps you could be valuable in advising or supporting other people here.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Working...
    X