Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been accused & acquitted of rape? Want to tell your story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been accused & acquitted of rape? Want to tell your story?

Hi there,

I'm a freelance journalist writing a story on men falsely accused of rape, so anyone who has been accused but then been FULLY acquitted.

The article will be written in a very positive format, looking at the emotional and human interest side to it - so less about the legal system, more about how you coped, how you got through one of the hardest moments in your life, your support network and the positive outcomes from the situation.

The magazine is women's lifestyle title in the UAE focusing on real-life, human interest stories.

If you have a story to tell, anonymously or otherwise, please do get in touch at:

FreelanceEB@hotmail.com

Many thanks indeed.

Freelance said: The magazine is women's lifestyle title in the UAE focusing on real-life, human interest stories.
    Could you be more specific please? I am a little concerned that you are using a Hotmail address rather than an address with a domain relating to a magazine or organisation.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi there,

Unfortunately I can't be more specific regarding my email - I am a freelance writer, hence the reason I have a hotmail account. I do not work for a company, so do not have a company email.

The magazine I am writing the feature for is VIVA - it's the UAE's biggest selling glossy lifestyle magazine, which features real-life stories, news, fashion, celebrities and personal interest features.

Thanks

Comment

Our cases are not exactly the subject for glossy magazines. If others wish to contact you then that is completely up to them but I would not recommend that any of my own group members get involved with this - we know nothing about you apart from what you have told us.
        Sorry!
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

What a wonderful world we live in !! NOT...........

UAE - United Arab Emirates?

I can imagine they would love to read about how absurd the British and Western legal systems are when compared to their own almost slavery approach as some interpret sharia law. That aside somewhere in the middle would be best suited to society as neither is right and BOTH seriously wrong and warped.

I would agree with RF our cases do not make pleasurable reading except for possibly the warped mind who instigate and cause it, aquitted or not as its not right to assume those who are are anymore innocent that some who are not !!!

If anything our experience should be a warning to all foreigners NOT TO LIVE OR EVEN VISIT these shores, take Al Fayeds case, so I find your angle strange, understandable to a laymen perhaps BUT for those in the middle Im afraid it isnt maybe as rosy as you think !! Aquitted is hardly a reward for the states failures to seek and find justice, just means you proved you were a victim of its sinister systems, you dont get a thankyou and golden handshake you have to fight them all the way. And we all know what happens to people especially women who are accused of even just an affair in some Arab countries?!! enough said

No please lets just not go there shall we. Culturally we are a world apart (almost complete opposites in some ways) and its not right to compare - or are you wanting to compare the Christain v Muslim approach and attitude to such accusations and cases? Again cos its not universally appied to all therefore its not possible to judge and compare, I would endorse RFs comment and recommendation without reservation.

Mind you it is a place we could go to escape this countries warped state systems, any jobs going out there you know of for Project Managers in IT?

Comment

Working...
          X