Falsely accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused

I've been reading a lot of people's stories on here for a few hours and would like a little advice please...
    About a year ago a long time friend of mine started coming to the pub I work in, she would come with my sister and on my nights off the three of us would go in ot town. After a while me and this "friend" started getting a bit closer, a kiss and cuddle but nothing more. She didn't want my sister to know at the start because she wanted to see where it went so I didn't tell her. One night we were all out and had quite a few drinks and she decided she didn't care any more and we were kissing and dancing all night in front of the whole pub. When the end of the night came she was hammered so I took her home and let her in her house, however she had paid the taxi and told me to come in at which point I phoned another taxi straight away. For the five mins I waited she asked me if I had any condoms, which I didn't and then suggested "other" things. I told her nothing was gonna happen in the condition we were in ( even if it was it wasn't physically possible after so much alcohol). As I left she gave me hug and told me to phone her the next day. I did and got no answer. I tried the day after, no answer. I presumed she was a little embarrased so decided to leave it for while. Now, about eight month down the line I told my sister I thought this friend had fallen out with me and told her why. My sis told me she had accused me of rape! Apparently this accusation didn't come for three weeks, at first she denied even the kissing on the night out. No formal allegation has ever been made and even though I was angry I decided not to get in touch and find out why she said this however I found myself questioning everything about the night. We never had sex ever and it was only a kiss and a cuddle so I just got on with my life though it took a while relax fully in public again. I was never afraid since I knew no physical evidence ever existed, now I read that doesn't matter! The one thing I did do is tell EVERYBODY who knows me, my friends and family and even work mates. I have no shame because I did nothing wrong and everyone stands behind me.
    The worst part for me is recently some idiot has been harrassing me calling me a rapist in public. This is out of the blue and suddenly I don't feel I can handle this. I was going to report it myself but now it seems I have no rights. If I report either of them I could end up in a cell! After all the support from my friends and family I am terrified. Is there anything I can do? I know I can't confront her but sooner or later I know someone will and that isn't in my best interests. It's driving me crazy my head physically hurts and I want to cry but refuse to let her get to me like that. Should I confront him? Her? Is it worth informing the police? The only thing that is keeping me sane are my friends who are superb.

Sorry it's long but there is even more "drama" from this woman since the accusation regarding other people though I wont go into it here. Thank you.

leave it

If I was you I would leave it because if you embarras her then she may press charges. I am facing 14 years on a case that I didnt do. There is no physical evidence obvioulsy but I have about a 50/50 chance of losing this case

Comment

being falsly accused as well

hi i read all of your stories and i am worried to that i will be falsle charged with something as well. it is now august and about 2 months agao i was called by a police officer and told to come in and do a statement and talk to him about this girl who says that i raped her. but this girl is only like 14 or 15 so i hear i dont know really. i'am married and have had problems with my marriage but would never stoop to something that sick and demented. this girl saysit happened in april or march. dont have a day or anything. no marks , no, dna, nothing just her word. Now, in the state of Pennsylvania things are a lil strict. i dont know the laws on that kind of thing but they are serious. since all this my wife has left me and wont come back until she knows that i am innocent. I dont blame her even though it kills me inside to deal with losing my wife over something i didnt do. but, my question is this if there is no eveidence at all, im taking a polygraph next week for them. no way possible that this girl even has a hair of my body cause i dont really know her just of her, will it be hard to charge or convict me on something like this just on her word?

Comment

Working...
      X