NFA before even going to cps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFA before even going to cps

Found out a couple of hours ago that nfa will be taken on sexual assault claim. Feel loads of emotions, some happy, some sad. Good luck to all of you who have done nothing wrong.

I'm still worried that she might appeal against police decision not to send to cps. Can she do this? Also just wondered if anyone knew how long Humberside police keep the allegations on file.

I have been to hell and back for the last month. I suppose I should be grateful that this is all over, but I am just numb. This site has given me strength that I didn't know I had. I am starting therapy in a couple of days, need to get back on track with my life.

Originally posted by Wtfjusthappened View Post
    Found out a couple of hours ago that nfa will be taken on sexual assault claim. Feel loads of emotions, some happy, some sad. Good luck to all of you who have done nothing wrong.

I'm still worried that she might appeal against police decision not to send to cps. Can she do this? Also just wondered if anyone knew how long Humberside police keep the allegations on file.

I have been to hell and back for the last month. I suppose I should be grateful that this is all over, but I am just numb. This site has given me strength that I didn't know I had. I am starting therapy in a couple of days, need to get back on track with my life.
    I don't know the answers to your question, I'm afraid, but I'm happy to send you bananas! Numbness seems a normal reaction and I hope counselling helps you unravel all the other emotions.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi

Fantastical news, what a great relief. Your emotions will be all over the place. It will take time to get back to normality. Great news.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the 's, it's been a crazy time but I can hold my head up high now that the truth is out.

I feel for the people who have had to feel like have for very long time. Keep strong.

Comment

Fantastic news - am so pleased for you! It will take while for it all to sink in - be kind to yourself meanwhile!

Comment

I am afraid I cannot answer your question howeve am so pleased to send you

Comment

Amazing
              Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
                Amazing
                It is an amzing feeling, and this is an amazing forum for support and information.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtfjusthappened View Post

Great to hear mate. Just remember though, the prosecutor may reopen the file at any time. It's what happened with me. It wasnt new evidence either, people here seem to think reopening of files requires new evidence. Sometimes a different prosecutor may have a different opinion, and they will lay charges. Lay low for a while until everythings clear. I believe they can reopen anytime within 6 months of closing the file without any penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by babaelly View Post
                    Great to hear mate. Just remember though, the prosecutor may reopen the file at any time. It's what happened with me. It wasnt new evidence either, people here seem to think reopening of files requires new evidence. Sometimes a different prosecutor may have a different opinion, and they will lay charges. Lay low for a while until everythings clear. I believe they can reopen anytime within 6 months of closing the file without any penalties.
                    Please note that BB is commenting from his experience about procedures in Canada not the UK!
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                    X