No announcement yet.

Can dropped charges be brought back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can dropped charges be brought back up?

I live in the uk, was falsely accused of rape and I havent really talked about my incident, and would like to know if the charges be brought back up.

Short story, me my other half and my mate and his other half went out for a night out.

Me and my mates other half got more or less very drunk and kissed, we then tried to have intercourse, but it didnt happen as there was an alcohol induced erection problem.

I went back intot the club and found my mates other half talking to my other half as normal. I told my other half that we had kissed and was going to go further, and at this point my mates other half ran off and told my mate that I raped her to cover the fact that she had cheated on him.
    I was arrested and had tests including a dna test done, and we both made a statement.

She then dropped the charges (probably cause she was lying) and we havent really talked since, and the aressting officer apologised as I was innocent.

That happened 6 years ago back at the beginning of 2001.

I have heard that my mate and his friend may be moving back to my town and would like to know if (after dropping the charges 6 years ago) she can still have the charges brought back up for that incident?

I am asking as I went through hell for the time I was in that cell, as I have never been arrested before or since then, and dont want to go through it again as it almost destroyed me.

anon

not 100% sure but....

I think she can probably press charges again, if she chose to.

However, given that she tried before and then dropped the charges there would certainly be an issue about her credibility. I would suggest it is unlikely that she would be taken seriously, but then again, ho knows what goes on in the minds of certain policemen?

I would suggest you contact FASO and they will be able to advise you far better than me. www.false-allegations.org.uk

good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X