Thoughts on my situation- short read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on my situation- short read

Ill keep it short. False Rape accusation.

-One night stand with a girl who, as it turned out has a bit of a personality disorder (she's on meds but maintains a professional career)

-accusation was made shortly after I broke off contact (6 weeks after our one nighter)

-have proof she contacted me on six different dates between the night together and finally making the accusation to police. These include 'naughty pics'

I ask you...
    Ever heard of a girl sending naughty pics after she feels she was sexually assaulted?
    Is her waiting a few weeks to make a complaint to police in my favour or irrelevant?
    Are screen shots of missed calls/requests of contact relevant?
    Is her mood/personality disorder relevant? Helpful to me or hindrance?
    Any advice while I wait on my bail appearance?

I'm not in the know myself, as like you i'm awaiting bail so only just started this road.

But I have read on many threads on here that screen shots of anything that can help your defense (worst case scenario being that your charged) is useful and at the very least will give your solicitor something to work with (i'm sure more experienced members, will tell me if i'm wrong.), or anything you think is useful anyway.

My mum has several facebook conversations saved and screen shotted just in case they are needed.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There is some general advice in this link which may answer some of your queries:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Hi and welcome to the forum,

There is some general advice in this link which may answer some of your queries:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
        Thanks for the link. Any opinion on the pictures? How have others faired when the accuser continued communication and sent naked selfies after the night in question?

Comment

Originally posted by Tdm View Post
          Thanks for the link. Any opinion on the pictures? How have others faired when the accuser continued communication and sent naked selfies after the night in question?
          My thoughts are probably the same as yours! Unfortunately these investigations are very one sided concentrating on evidence which goes against you rather than that which will exonerate you.

On the other hand if, heaven forbid, the matter does go any further undoubtably she will be questioned in cross-examination about this.

Did the police seize your phone for examination i.e. have they now got the pictures?

Comment

My thoughts are probably the same as yours! Unfortunately these investigations are very one sided concentrating on evidence which goes against you rather than that which will exonerate you.

On the other hand if, heaven forbid, the matter does go any further undoubtably she will be questioned in cross-examination about this.

Did the police seize your phone for examination i.e. have they now got the pictures?
            They did seize my phone but those pictures were not on it.
            Have you heard of anyone else who was in this situation? Did it help them in the end? Or was it only useful at trial? Can you think of a defence she may have for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tdm View Post
              They did seize my phone but those pictures were not on it.
              Have you heard of anyone else who was in this situation? Did it help them in the end? Or was it only useful at trial? Can you think of a defence she may have for that?
              So the police are not aware of the existence of the photos? Are they date-stamped in some way?

If the answers are 'no' and 'yes' then you face a common dilemma; do you give the police information which may help you or hold it back for use at trial.

If you give the police new information of which they were not aware they will reinterview the accuser about this; who may then come up with a convincing explanation e.g. you had some sort of psychological hold over her & forced her to send these photos.

The decision in the end is yours but it might be worth getting your solicitors opinion as whether it would be possible to use these photos for 'ambush' purposes in any possible trial or whether it is best to disclose them now in the hope of getting the matter discontinued.

Comment

If the photos are not on the phone you handed to the police, where are they? Were they emailed or PMd on Facebook, for instance?
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

So the police are not aware of the existence of the photos? Are they date-stamped in some way?

If the answers are 'no' and 'yes' then you face a common dilemma; do you give the police information which may help you or hold it back for use at trial.

If you give the police new information of which they were not aware they will reinterview the accuser about this; who may then come up with a convincing explanation e.g. you had some sort of psychological hold over her & forced her to send these photos.

The decision in the end is yours but it might be worth getting your solicitors opinion as whether it would be possible to use these photos for 'ambush' purposes in any possible trial or whether it is best to disclose them now in the hope of getting the matter discontinued.
                  Yes the photos are date stamped by my phone. She sent the photos unsolicited and would absolutely have no evidence that I ever manipulated her into sending them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    If the photos are not on the phone you handed to the police, where are they? Were they emailed or PMd on Facebook, for instance?
                    The photos were on an old back up which the police may have access to but may not, at first glance, realize that they are of the accuser as many are close ups of her private parts.

Any thoughts on her personality disorder?

Comment

Personality disorder can sometimes help the defence but also of course, mental health problems can make the complainant more vulnerable - open to sexual assaults.

If she has mental health problems there should be medical/psychiatric records that may assist the defence, for instance if she has a history of making provably false allegations.

Very odd she would send naked photos of herself AFTER an alleged assault. I think that may be your trump card, unless she claims you forced her to send them, say by blackmailing her or whatever.....
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        Personality disorder can sometimes help the defence but also of course, mental health problems can make the complainant more vulnerable - open to sexual assaults.

If she has mental health problems there should be medical/psychiatric records that may assist the defence, for instance if she has a history of making provably false allegations.

Very odd she would send naked photos of herself AFTER an alleged assault. I think that may be your trump card, unless she claims you forced her to send them, say by blackmailing her or whatever.....
                        Well I didn't blackmail her, nor pressure her to send them so that would be impossible to prove.

I'm not sure exactly what her medical condition is but I wasn't aware of the abuse she received from her family until after we had our encounter. Poor girl is messed up :/
                        It's really unfortunate that She's taken this road to justify her actions.

Comment

It seem's to be a common theme at the moment, having some form of medical condition and this being a possible reason.

My own FA was on some form of med's for depression, anxiety, and some other things (about 5 different things) which I'm not too sure of, I know just a couple of weeks before the false allegation, she had to come off one medication in a very short amount of time. 60mg - 0 in the space of a week, due to health issues. sometimes she would go days with out taking her meds, I was so used to the up's and down's. I wonder whether this led to her making the accusation, one family member wonder's whether her past caused it, her ex and his brother abused her quite badly, and because she was in a decent relationship with no abuse, she had to make something bad happen.

I concur with your statement, it is a shame that these poor girls choose these courses of action, if indeed it is down to medical issues, it's a shame our mental health system isn't able to do anything about it until it's too late. i'm not condoning their actions though.

May I ask how you found out about the family abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Feeling Low View Post
                            It seem's to be a common theme at the moment, having some form of medical condition and this being a possible reason.

My own FA was on some form of med's for depression, anxiety, and some other things (about 5 different things) which I'm not too sure of, I know just a couple of weeks before the false allegation, she had to come off one medication in a very short amount of time. 60mg - 0 in the space of a week, due to health issues. sometimes she would go days with out taking her meds, I was so used to the up's and down's. I wonder whether this led to her making the accusation, one family member wonder's whether her past caused it, her ex and his brother abused her quite badly, and because she was in a decent relationship with no abuse, she had to make something bad happen.

I concur with your statement, it is a shame that these poor girls choose these courses of action, if indeed it is down to medical issues, it's a shame our mental health system isn't able to do anything about it until it's too late. i'm not condoning their actions though.

May I ask how you found out about the family abuse?
                            I'd asked her a few times about what's wrong with her head as I could tell she was a bit off. But since she holds a very professional job I figured it couldn't be so bad. Anyways she just opened up and told me how her family treats her. I'm sure that's why she is emotionally unwell.

Comment

Working...
                            X