Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My partner is accused of rape in Sweden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My partner is accused of rape in Sweden.

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I am desperate for help. Only 4 days ago I learned about this and I am in pieces. Cannot eat properly or sleep.
    The story is:
    My partner is accused of sexual intercourse with a 17 years old Swedish girl (a virgin) on a ship. His lawyer has not given me much info at present. The authorities have already finalised the preliminary investigation and on 10.02.14 we are expecting the date of the trial.
    My partner is denying something, but I do not know what. Knowing my partner can say that he will never force people to do something they do not want. There might have been sex, but not without concent. At least, this is what I believe in!

The only detail I know is that on 30.12.13 between 3-5 o'clock in the morning the girl enters his cabin. He was arrested on 14.01.14. According to his friends sleeping in the cabins next door, there wasn't any noise at all. The lawyer said that his friends statements match the other witness' statement.
    I am trying to find out what are his chances of fair trial, what can I do to help his defence, who to turn to for help?

Please, if you can advise me something let me know!

Hi and welcome to the forum (though sorry that you needed to find us)

There are several female members of the forum supporting their partners through similar situations so they will understand just how you feel.

I don't think any of us have any knowledge of Swedish law (presuming this applies on the ship?) so can only offer general advice.

It is more than likely that there would be CCTV covering the corridors; if you can get hold of a copy (ask his lawyer to approach the shipping company) this will show the girl entering his cabin voluntarily (rather than him dragging her in!) and this will help prove any sexual activity was consensual.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
    X