Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question surrounding sentancing..

Hi Guys

I thought I was having a good day.. but its turned into panic mode overtime..

I have been calling up a few solicitors in order to try and find a good one if the time comes from when I need one..

Anyway... a solicitor told me that despite me being 11-16 years old when the alleged accusations occurred, I would be tried as an adult and would get adult sentencing, despite being a minor when the alleged occurred?

I have read on sentencing guidelines that the maximum for a person under the age of 18 is 5 years (when the crime occurred). This was from the CPS sentencing guidelines.

I had in my mind that the worst situation I find my self in is I get 5 years, have to serve 2.5 .... now im really concerned it could be more?!?!

As the maximum is like 14 years now??!

Anyone know if the solicitor is correct?

Hi IG

It's horrendous to be even thinking like this but almost impossible not to consider it.

With the Stuart Hall case, he was sentenced according to the penalties at the time of his offences. I know you were young but I don't know how many years ago these FAs date back to. That may make a difference. Also it would seem unfair to sentence you on adult guidelines when in fact you were a minor but legally I don't know how that stands.

Lastly, you are a way off that yet. Try to stay positive

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
      Hi IG

It's horrendous to be even thinking like this but almost impossible not to consider it.

With the Stuart Hall case, he was sentenced according to the penalties at the time of his offences. I know you were young but I don't know how many years ago these FAs date back to. That may make a difference. Also it would seem unfair to sentence you on adult guidelines when in fact you were a minor but legally I don't know how that stands.

Lastly, you are a way off that yet. Try to stay positive

Hi and thanks for the kind words

You honestly don't know how much it helps.

Mine where from 1994 to 1999, i was 10/11 to 15/16 so sentencing for what the fa has said is likely to be 6-10 years, this is because I'm over 18 now. If I was tried actually at 16 it would more likely be a caution to 24 months max..

But your right.. I haven't been charged yet and it is a way off. Just the thought of losing my job, house and being taken from my wife is horrifying. I been with her 10 years from uni..

I haven't been sleeping much last couple of days and I keep making things worse by reading case law and people's experience. From what I can see the majority of historic cases go to court just on the fa's statement. It's like the toss of a coin..

I do know I have a good defense if it goes to trial, but it scares me that my name will go in the paper and people will automatically judge you..

I read a case law where a 15 year was convicted at around 30 odd but the papers never detailed that. They just made out like he was some old perv...

Anyway... It's Friday it's sunny I should go and enjoy the weather.

Sorry for the rant x

Comment

Working...
      X