Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend falsely accused of rape two years ago, never fought it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend falsely accused of rape two years ago, never fought it.

I have a hard time talking about this to anyone I know or who knows him, so I'm very glad I found this forum. Maybe someone can help me or at least put my mind at ease. I guess I'll throw in a disclaimer that I'm in the US. I know this is a UK forum but I'm a little desperate. I'm out of my mind with worry and at my wits end trying to find a way to help.

This friend of mine does NOT like to talk about the incident. It took a lot of time for him to even trust me enough to tell me what was on his record. He was convicted of rape two and a half years ago. He has not gone into details, but he has claimed his innocence. This is a man I confidently know better than I know anyone else and while he is not a saint, he would never take advantage of a woman. I never pushed for details because the subject upsets him so much (as I'm sure it does anyone who has been falsely accused).

Well, just within the past couple days he was picked up by the police for parole violation. I can't say specifically what, because I haven't been able to talk to him or get much information. His arrest has really got me thinking about the full implications of having this charge on his record... It will haunt him his entire life. This girl, from what I've gathered, accused him out of spite. Now he's facing repeated jail time for parole violations. Yes, those are his mistakes, but he's a very stubborn and angry about ever having been convicted. I'm sure I can get him to work within the system if there was some hope of clearing his name.

Is there anything that can be done? I've read a couple times that the only way to get the entire thing reversed is if she admits to having lied. Any advice on how to go about talking to her, getting her to realize that she needs to do the right thing, etc? Even after two years?

Any advice or even just kind words will be appreciated... I love this man so much and I'm realizing that I need to do whatever I can to help him.

Hi and welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us.
    As you're in the US it's difficult to give legal advice as the 2 systems are so different. Over here though, the advice seems to be not to approach the FA as she could start a claim/charge for harassment....whether others on here would agree with that I don't know but I'm sure they'll be along soon to help.
    I guess your friend isn't doing himself any favours skipping parole conditions - it won't change the verdict and will get plod more than a bit hacked off with him...Does he have any grounds for appealing the conviction?
    Keep asking questions and we'll help all we can...
    Keep strong....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
    X