No announcement yet.

I feel sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll send you a PM with my email address. That might be easier!
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by How did this happen View Post
      Could you clarify if you meant Chris's charges are less than others or my partners....
      I am sure that RF was referring to Chris's likely invoices

Will they look at texts sent after the alleged event?
      Can they seize the replacement mobile as well with no provocation such as breaking his bail and contacting the accuser which neither of us would/will ever do again
      Highly unlikely; the seizing of the phones on arrest is to do with preserving evidence on the assumption that there would not have been time to delete any incriminating texts or call records.

It will be assumed that anyone on bail is likely to be circumspect regarding texting and calling, even more so if they were guilty, so this would not happen unless a further offence was committed.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

How far back do they go looking for evidence on the phone. The reason I ask is I don't think he has contacted the Accuser in over a year

Would this theoretically mean he phone comes back faster?

Sorry I know you probably can't answer and each case is different I just have so many questions buzzing around in my head.

Comment

How far back do they go looking for evidence on the phone. The reason I ask is I don't think he has contacted the Accuser in over a year

Would this theoretically mean he phone comes back faster?

Sorry I know you probably can't answer and each case is different I just have so many questions buzzing around in my head.
          As far as I know texts are stored in the phone memory until the memory is full and then the earlier ones are overwritten and deleted, so I guess it all depends on the size of memory and how much he uses his phone whether any are left from a year ago (but I know nothing about phones so I may well be wrong on this!)

If there is nothing relevant on the phone he will get it back (once it's been examined which may not be immediately!)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I can't quite believe we are only 3weeks into this nightmare it feels like so much longer.

I phoned Chris Saltrese today to see if they could represent my partner should he be charged, I gave the lady who answered the phone some background including the fact the police tried to write in my statement something I hadn't said. She said it would show on the tape what was said and seemed surprised when I said it wasn't recorded.

Trying not to add this to my list of things to worry about!

Hopefully when he answers his bail he will at least get his shoes and phone back. I've no idea why they kept the shoes they didn't come in from the porch so were not even in the house!!
            We've had to buy new ones which just adds to the annoyance and unnecessary expense of this whole thing..... I'm not really sure why such a small thing is annoying me so much when there are much bigger worries and potentially expenses to come.

Comment

I can't quite believe we are only 3weeks into this nightmare it feels like so much longer.

I phoned Chris Saltrese today to see if they could represent my partner should he be charged, I gave the lady who answered the phone some background including the fact the police tried to write in my statement something I hadn't said. She said it would show on the tape what was said and seemed surprised when I said it wasn't recorded.

Trying not to add this to my list of things to worry about!
              Possibly she misunderstood. Potential witnesses are not recorded unless they are suspects.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF
                It's possible I managed to confuse her I confuse myself sometimes.

We have to phone the OIC a few days before the bail date to see if he will be reinterviewed in which case they can get someone there. Apparently they should state if there will be an interview but will not necessarily tell us if he is to be charged in case he skips out.

It's a phone call I will be dreading as then it's a wait to get to the station

Comment

Hi HDTH .... the waiting is dreadful isn't it? Unfortunatley, it's likely to last a little while yet. You'll need to find ways of coping with it as best you can.
                  As far as past messages/calls etc there have been previous posts about getting in touch with the server to get deleted posts, so I think it can be done, but for how long I don't know. There was a thread about it, you might be able to find it.
                  I'm not sure if there's a ruling about getting your personal effects back. My son asked for his clothes, shoes and phone back when the jury was out (after the hearing) and the inspecter refused to give them back saying they were 'court property'! Our barrister objected to this and even spoke to the prosecuting barrister but they were adament he couldn't have them back until after the jury had given their verdict! Interestingly enough, the phone was fully charged when he did get it back (after 15 months) - they were obviously hoping to 'catch him out' on the time of a phone call during the trial. As it was he was spot on and it wasn't used.
                  Just to say... they can be bloody minded!

Keep well

Comment

Working...
                  X