Trial should have ended today but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial should have ended today but....

I have posted this as a reply elsewhere but wanted to make sure as many people saw it as I could to get feedback!

We are so overwhelmed by the support here. The jury cannot reach a verdict. This really seems like it's 6 and 6. So they have had all day today and now they get time on Monday too. Does anyone have any help on what this may mean? I am feeling such mixed emotions in that I am happy that at least 6 people believe he has not done this- but I just don't know what way this will go! I am happy I have my man for the weekend

If it remains the case that it is undecided then this could result in a hung jury after which it will be decided whether it is in the public interest to go for a retrial

At this stage you can't really guess how many on each side believe/don't believe...or what the outcome on Monday to be.
    Enjoy the weekend together, try your best to keep busy
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Lusijay.

I will keep on posting on this thread if you don't mind but I wrote exactly the same in your other post.

I found these following explanations for you.

What happens if ten or more can’t agree?

If having been out for some time to consider the verdict the jury still can’t agree the Judge will call them back into court and ask them to indicate whether they are likely to be able to reach a verdict upon which ten or more agree? If the answer is no, the jury will be discharged. This is called a hung jury. If this happens in your case your trial will be adjourned to a new date. In the interim the prosecution will make a decision as to whether they will re-try you. If they do, your next trial will proceed exactly as described above but with a new jury. If they decide not to re-try you, that will be the end of the case against you.
      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys don't cry View Post
        Lusijay.

I will keep on posting on this thread if you don't mind but I wrote exactly the same in your other post.

I found these following explanations for you.

What happens if ten or more can’t agree?

If having been out for some time to consider the verdict the jury still can’t agree the Judge will call them back into court and ask them to indicate whether they are likely to be able to reach a verdict upon which ten or more agree? If the answer is no, the jury will be discharged. This is called a hung jury. If this happens in your case your trial will be adjourned to a new date. In the interim the prosecution will make a decision as to whether they will re-try you. If they do, your next trial will proceed exactly as described above but with a new jury. If they decide not to re-try you, that will be the end of the case against you.

Thank you it's a joke if we have to do another trial- it's the most stressful thing we have gone through!

Comment

Originally posted by Lusijay View Post
          Thank you it's a joke if we have to do another trial- it's the most stressful thing we have gone through!
          I do agree with you but there is always hope.

The other member who have been through a second trial is sadman if you want to have a look.

Keep faith.
          Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

In rape cases they will almost always go for a retrial if the outcome of the first trial is a hung jury (I was told this by a police officer). If a hung jury is what happens then of course it will be difficult but it isn't the end of the world. Think of it this way, if the jury couldn't decide the first time then unless new evidence comes to light they will struggle the second time too.

I really wish you and your partner the best of luck
            "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Hi Lusijay - this is going to be a long weekend of waiting for you both, and I'm sure it'll be going round and round in your heads. Try to plan a weekend full of activities doing things that you both really enjoy that keep your bodies and minds occupied.... really hope things go well on Monday and as you and others say, it does seem promising that there is doubt in some of the jury's minds especially as this has been in the national papers.....
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks again guys this is already the second time! I can't say much on that either yet but in effect, if we have another trial, it will be the third. There comes a point where this all becomes a joke. I feel sorry for the jury, having to come back on Monday when they were only booked for the week.

Also, another thing that has been winding me up all week, does anyone here know who Ruth hall is from the charity women against rape? She's been there everyday at the trail supporting the "victim" and writing every word down, having secret chats with the "victims" barrister and just in general slagging my partner off when I'm sat there worrying about if I have to get on with life on my own!

She's a spineless woman and seems she hasn't got past the point of "all men are rapists end of" stage. She's a crazy feminist woman- who believes that no matter how slutty a woman is dressed - and no matter how drunk she is through her own actions- if she has sex it's rape and all responsibility is on the man!

Hell- I feel sorry for the men in this country- should you not be allowed to have a one night stand when drunk without worrying about being put in prison! The **** men go through because of stupid women's attention seeking, revenge or cover ups is sick- and I'm ashamed to be a woman when it comes to this.

It takes a woman 5 seconds to decide she's going to be vindictive - it causes the man a lifetime of pain and abuse, that never truly goes away- we need to take a stand.

Is anyone interested in fighting to get the compensation for rape allegations thing scrapped? It's an incentive to be dishonest if you ask me. Give rape accusers counselling and support, pump the money in to that, not in to these womens banks.

It is coming to the point in this country where all a woman has to do is pop a few kids out, accuse a man of raping her and she's financially sorted for life.

I apologise if my views seem strong and perhaps a bit out of line, but it's how I'm feeling xxxxx

Comment

Hi Lusijay, I'm going to quote your post and reply in red, just makes it a bit easier to respond.

Originally posted by Lusijay View Post
                  Thanks again guys this is already the second time! I can't say much on that either yet but in effect, if we have another trial, it will be the third. There comes a point where this all becomes a joke. I feel sorry for the jury, having to come back on Monday when they were only booked for the week.

As I understand it (which could be completely wrong) it is unlikely to go to trial for a third time.

Also, another thing that has been winding me up all week, does anyone here know who Ruth hall is from the charity women against rape? She's been there everyday at the trail supporting the "victim" and writing every word down, having secret chats with the "victims" barrister and just in general slagging my partner off when I'm sat there worrying about if I have to get on with life on my own!

She's a spineless woman and seems she hasn't got past the point of "all men are rapists end of" stage. She's a crazy feminist woman- who believes that no matter how slutty a woman is dressed - and no matter how drunk she is through her own actions- if she has sex it's rape and all responsibility is on the man!
                  I have heard of Ruth Hall but haven't met her personally so can't make any comment. One thing I will say is that just as we here accept someone's version of events as true unless we have proof otherwise, WAR also accepts the people they work with's accounts as true unless they can be sure they are lying. My only experience of WAR was volunteering with them briefly and speaking to them as a victim so that is were my opinion is coming from. I'm not sure what you are getting at when you say "She's a crazy feminist woman- who believes that no matter how slutty a woman is dressed - and no matter how drunk she is through her own actions- if she has sex it's rape and all responsibility is on the man!" I don't see how how a woman is dressed or how much they've had to drink has anything to do with anything. A woman can be raped even if she is walking around naked and has drunk 15 pints by choice. If a man has sex with any woman when she doesn't want to, however she is dressed or however drunk she is, it is rape.

Hell- I feel sorry for the men in this country- should you not be allowed to have a one night stand when drunk without worrying about being put in prison! The **** men go through because of stupid women's attention seeking, revenge or cover ups is sick- and I'm ashamed to be a woman when it comes to this.

It takes a woman 5 seconds to decide she's going to be vindictive - it causes the man a lifetime of pain and abuse, that never truly goes away- we need to take a stand.

Is anyone interested in fighting to get the compensation for rape allegations thing scrapped? It's an incentive to be dishonest if you ask me. Give rape accusers counselling and support, pump the money in to that, not in to these womens banks.

It is coming to the point in this country where all a woman has to do is pop a few kids out, accuse a man of raping her and she's financially sorted for life.

I apologise if my views seem strong and perhaps a bit out of line, but it's how I'm feeling xxxxx

It is a sad state of affairs when people can't go do what they like (within the confines of the law) without risking becoming a victim (be that a victim of a false accusation, rape, assault etc). Unfortunately that isn't the case and people do suffer at the hands of others. All we can do is support each other as best we can and campaign for change. I wish you luck in your fight
                  "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by friday View Post
                    Hi Lusijay, I'm going to quote your post and reply in red, just makes it a bit easier to respond.
                    Sorry I typed that whilst angry- she said on an interview that even if the woman consented at the time it's still rape, which I don't agree. If a woman says no and the man goes ahead anyway it's rape. If they start and then she tells him to stop, that's rape too. I don't think all responsibility should be put on the woman when she is very drunk though even whn she has maintained her yes all along

I think the reason this Ruth person is annoying me is because it seems that someone has told her they have been raped so she charges at the situation all Guns blazing refusing to take on board any solid evidence that the "victim" is in fact lying. I really am seeing it from the worst angle and in any other situation, such as where someone genuinely is a victim, I would think she was a star for helping people so much. She just has very clear cut views too that I don't agree with.

I guess when you're passionate about something you go for it- which is what I will be doing when I'm allowed to fully detail the case and il be fighting for changes to be made in support of men against false accusations. Men deserve to be protected from false allegations of rape just as much as women who are victims of rape are (also I am aware this can all happen the other way round, women raping men etc)

Thank you for your response too, this Website is helping us both so much

Another question I had was with regards to what the press can publish about him and the case? Are there any clear restrictions?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X