hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jen Thank You for the welcome
    who should ring social services..I don't really want to stoke this mans fire
    I was really hoping the police would involve them ?
    LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Hiya, you can ring anonymously. Ask for the Child Protection unit and tell them any concerns. Relevant things:

Isolation
      Child neglected e.g. ont fed properly, exposed to substance abuse, dirty, failure to thrive etc.
      At risk from mother's partner
      The mother being a vulnerable parent due to brain tumour and recovering slowly from this.
      Physical abuse - whether sexual and/or being hit.
      Emotional abuse - inconsistant parenting, isolation from family/ friends. Undermining child's confidence etc.

Don't wait for police to report to Social Services. You need to be pro-active if you are genuinely worried

Best of luck
      Jen
      Last edited by largactyl1; 17 November 2012, 08:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am ringing them.
        LP

Comment

So hurt and angry

Couldn't agree more with Jen , if the police AND socail services are looking at this family you may get the answers you need as well as protecting your family .

Comment

So hurt and angry

Just thinking out loud .... They may be known to social services already make sure you give full names of all family members that you know ,and any relevant history,but don't gossip or lie every single word will be documented ,which is a good thing .

Comment

Also under "Emotional Abuse" is if a child is, or is suspected to be, exposed to any domestic violence.
              Jen x
              False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Thanks everyone my positive thinking is gaining momentum, I will be on the phone first thing monday morning ! I can't find who asked but our daughter is a grown woman of 28 but her mind is that of some one 18 ish, the man is mid 40's.
                In hindsight I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and his families are know to social services, his last ex had to move to a different city to get away from the grief he was causing.

Comment

So hurt and angry

Originally posted by lonley place View Post
                  Thanks everyone my positive thinking is gaining momentum, I will be on the phone first thing monday morning ! I can't find who asked but our daughter is a grown woman of 28 but her mind is that of some one 18 ish, the man is mid 40's.
                  In hindsight I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and his families are know to social services, his last ex had to move to a different city to get away from the grief he was causing.
                  There's a piece of homework then! See if you can track down the ex, she may have some interesting information, and in the mean time don't get panicky, you've an awful long way to go yet, there aren't any charges yet. ONE DAY AT A TIME and well done looks like you are getting things in perspective already. Kind regards to you.

Comment

Thanks for your support today from both of us, (hubby has been along side me here)
                    Wish I'd paid more attention to daughters rambling in the past, she told me where his ex lived
                    but I can only remember the city !
                    Many thanks, I hope I can give some help to others in the same situation in the future
                    LP

Comment

So hurt and angry

Facebook is always a good place to start ! Goodnight

Comment

yes the devil called facebook...enjoy your weekend. Sleep tight
                        LP

Comment

Hi Lonely place.
                          I can't add anything to the excellent advice you have already been given, but I wanted to say Welcome

Comment

Hi Saffron ...Thanks you for the welcome. LP

Comment

Jen......Phone call was made as suggested...I told them my fears and gave details as asked.
                              LP

Comment

Good luck to you, Lonely Place xx

Comment

Working...
                                X