Will They Take My Baby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will They Take My Baby?

A year ago my partner was accused of rape on his neice when she was 11 and him 15. We are both now 21. i was pregnant when all this happened and it went on for months.

eventually it was NFA'ed. However, My partners mum is fighting for custody of her other grandchild and as my partner is a regular visitor the social services arrange to do police checks on him and everyone else in the household.

My baby boy is now 17 months old and im worried to death that if they see this on his record they will try and take my baby away.

Can they do that?? Take Him Away??

I Work Full Time So My Partner Looks After My son all day all week. Im frightened to death. Please help?

They will not instantly take your baby away, particularly as the case was NFA'd
    It may be that social services arrange a safeguarding meeting to assess any kind of risk.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Social services, due to their many mistakes can come across a bit rash, but as long as you can show that a child is not at risk from harm they willl work with you,

Comment

Sparks is right.
        Despite what you might hear demonising social services, it is generally the case that if you co-operate with the process and show that you have your child's best interests at heart (not difficult if it's true) then they tend to try and support you as much as possible.

Comment

If SS appear to become threatening offer to undertake any risk assessment and if they want to recommend any 'courses' say you will take them - anything that will show you can protect the baby and care for him properly.

Let's see how things pan out first. There may be no risk at all of them becoming involved. Faith will be able to help you with recommended solicitors should that become necessary. However - one step at a time.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thankyou For replying .. im worrying myself sick. the social worker on the other childs case hasnt let us know the outcome of the checks yet and shes on holiday for a week. I thought it was all over .. i know it is going to be on his record as an NFA im just hoping they see that it was NFA'd instead of just the allegation.

I saw a programme where SS turned up at a womans house who's husband had been NFA'd for the same thing and they made her choose there and then. Her husband or her baby.

Im so scared that will happen. We spent months wondering if he was going to prison for something he didnt do and now all this. I dont think we are ever gonna get a break. I Love my baby so so much and so does he. I dont want anything to ruin my family. Weve worked so hard and had so many setbacks so far, i just think we deserve a break. I dont want social services involved in our lives at all.

My son has had a really bad bout of eczma which is panicing me incase they randomly turn up and think im not caring for him properly. Every fall or bump is making me paranoid. Sorry for the long reply.

Thankyou for listening x

Comment

Hi Cassie Marie.
              I know nothing about SS, but your story tugged at my heart strings. You sound such a caring mother, Im sure your baby will not be taken from you. This is one of the follow - ons of a FA, and it is so unfair!
              Even if you are NFA'd you are not proven innocent, The FA still holds all the cards. The Government must do something about this, if they cannot prove the accused guilty, they must give the FA legal aid to at least try and prove the FA guilty of PCOJ, and make falsely accusing someone of rape, a crime.
              I know they do not want to put off real rape victims coming forward ( I can understand this), but the result of a FA impacts on so many innocent peoples lives, well into the future, something must be done to equal it out! I wish you all the best in this, take care.

Comment

Thankyou For Replying ..

I Love Them Both So Much And I Hate Her!! .. How Could She Try To Ruin Our Lives Like This? .. My Son Is My World And My Partner My Soul .. I Would Die To Keep Both Safe. Im So Scared To Lose One Of Them.

The Baby His Mum Is Fighting For Has Been Seriously Neglected. I Want Her To Be Safe But What About The Well Being Of My Baby? .. No One Thought Of The Effect It Would Have On My Family.

I Work Full Time Every Hour I Can So We Can Have Nice Things. I Passed My Driving Test 2 Weeks Ago So We Could Go Out As A Family. Now All Thats Been Jepoardized Because People Lie.

Its As If Everytime We Get To A Point When Everything Is 'Ok', Something always comes up to break us down again.

I Was heavily pregnant when he was accused so they must have known about my son while he was on bail. Im hoping That means all will be ok.

The solicitor said we should hear nothing more about the matter in the future and god i hope she was right.

I want My Family To Be Happy. We Never Get A Break.

Sorry For Moaning And The Long Reply. Thankyou For Taking The Time To Read It xx

Comment

Originally posted by CassiieMariie View Post
                  I saw a programme where SS turned up at a womans house who's husband had been NFA'd for the same thing and they made her choose there and then. Her husband or her baby.
                  The reason that this is television worthy is because it's uncommon.

Comment

Working...
                  X