Not guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not guilty

Just received the phone call 2 mins ago to say the girl admitted she lied and its all being dropped. I'm so happy. So what's next can I sue?

Congratulations, this has been a long haul for you and this must come as a great relief, have some dancing bananas:

As for what you do now: I like the idea of suing her for loss of earnings, distress, etc but has she any assets to claim from? Otherwise you might get awarded a payout of a few £'s every month from her benefit.

In your position, as she has admitted lying, I would be pressing the police to prosecute her for PCJ, this will hurt her far more. (as you already have found out) Get your MP on side for this if the police are reluctant.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Sorry what's pcj? I'm so bloody happy its untrue. Buy I'm also so angry the police messed up the investigation and took 6 months to contact defence witnesses

Comment

so so happy for you, as advice on what to do now i have no idea but i would pursue her her in some way.
        and if she has told the police she lied will they not follow this with some kind of prosecution.
        again really happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
          Sorry what's pcj?
          Perverting the course of justice, i.e. wasting police time, (unfortunately making your life a misery won't come into it, though will be a factor in sentencing if she's prosecuted and found guilty)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'm gunna pursue in every way I can, I got a meeting with the police soon and will pursue pcj, I don't think its sunk in yet to be honest

Comment

oh that is brilliant news - I just hope that the police persue her as hard as they did to you.

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Is it natural to feel so angry even after being found not guilty, I just want her to suffer like I have. She's still walking round with not a care in the world while my life was turned upside down for 18 months. Thanks for everyones support

Comment

Fantastic News I'm so happy for you

Comment

Glad to hear that your nightmare is over tango.

Sueing her may be quite expensive and of course, money won't really make you feel much better...justice will.
                    I would be pushing for a prosecution.
                    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

What's the best way to push for a prosicution, is it to speak to the oic or do I speak to someone else?

Comment

What fantastic news. Yes it is very normal to feel so angry even after the good news you have had. Let's face it your life and the lives of those close to you have been turned upside down during this ordeal.

You say you are meeting with police - remember to request that this is reclassified as No Crime and not just No Further Action. Make sure you have confirmation of this IN WRITING too. Police are doing you and the public a disservice if they do not prosecute her for PCJ based on her admission.

Go and celebrate - you deserve it.

Comment

I been told it will be recorded as a not guilty by the court! Ill keep you updated by the meeting with the police.

Comment

very happy for you congragulationssss

Comment

(Can the moderators put this thread in the right forum section for Tango) xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X