police officer deliberately altered witness statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• police officer deliberately altered witness statement

A police officer has deliberately wrote down a complete opposite of what the witness told him her refused to read the statement back to the witness and told them to sign and threatened them with perverting the course of justice now we are about to go to court and seen the statement it is not what the witness had told him and the statement is damaging to the defending my case .I have spoken to barrister about it but he has made no comment on the matter .I would like to put in police complaint about it as the officers is perverting the course of justice don t know if we should report him or not any comments welcome

How do you know it's been altered?
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

The witness signed before he read over the statement?
      In this case, the statement hasn't been 'altered' it has been incorrectly transcribed but as the witness then went on to sign it, it implies that they agreed with what was written.

Although it's terrible practice, it may be difficult to prove that the officer refused to let the witness read the statement.
      I can't understand why the witness would have signed it if he hadn't read what it said...
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

witness had reading difficulties

witness told officer they had reading difficulties and statement was not released by cps until recent

Comment

So when the witness told the police they had reading difficulties, the police's response was to say 'you can't read this, just sign it' and he did?
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
          X