Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no paper work received

Hi All
    what happens if the solicitor has not received any paper work. the other side was told to have it in by the 25th and we have plea case and management hearing next wednesday. do thye just get a slapped hand.

you're side should be seen to be making an effort to chase it up.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

he has chased up but got nothing has anyone been in this position will it just mean longer waiting

Comment

I'm not sure, but I'm positive someone else will.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That happened in my case too, where the cps dragged their heels. The hearing will just be adjourned and the cps ordered to buck their ideas up.

Comment

thanks LS so do they get a timescale to have things in by. god they really know how to make things worse for people its not bad enough your hubby gets falsely accused but they decide to drag things out. they should be given a timescale stick to it and if not get the case thrown out. so bloody angry today aaaarrrrggggggggg

Comment

I don't think there's a set timescale but magistrates have to be satisfied all the boxes are ticked before it goes to crown, and they get fed up having the same hearing over and over because the cps haven't provided any paperwork.

Comment

so bloody annoying that all is down to there timescales. just wish this **** was all over.
                oh just ignore me having a bad day today.

Comment

oh and its not at magistrates its case plea and management hearing so its in crown.

Comment

The very issue you are talking about must cost millions per year in lost time/wasted time. I find it diabolical that the CPS can even lodge paperwork to bring a case to court without actually providing any evidence.

I'm currently consistently getting my motoring trial put off due to incompetence. It's costing me money and time every time yet the CPS seem to get paid regardless.

For a quick answer to your query, it's common and annoying.

Will result in the hearing being rescheduled.

If it continues then your legal team can move to get it struck out. I generally find it's third time lucky.
                    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

totally agree and we wonder why the country is in a mess with no money

Comment

sorry to hear about this nohope. I think our solicitor chase up the papers; and he also made the court known when certain documents were served late by the CPS. it seems the cps and prosecution team is usually slow on this?

Comment

Take solace in the fact that there's no danger of you 'running out of time' before trial if you haven't received paperwork. You have to have a satisfactory length of time to build your defence by law. The longer the CPS take, the longer it will take to get to trial.
                          Occasionally, the dragging of the feet might reflect badly on the CPS and they get some tickings off. Most commonly, it just means more hanging around in limbo.
                          Sadly, there's not much else you can do except to constantly chase it up.
                          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
                          X