No announcement yet.

Husband wrongfully convicted of child sex offences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its impossible so what do i do? sit and wait and pray for justice like i did last time, not a chance. I will do everything in my power to make sure that justice is served (obviously legally). I am intelligent enough to have the right tools to attempt to get the law changed. This will probably fail as their ears are so blocked with wax that they cannot hear the injustice. I will write to the papers (without my name, of course) and i am setting up my own charity to help victims like us. Its my life's work now. I will get a result in the end but due to the biased laws of this country i am not sure which one yet.
    Last edited by againstfa; 22 October 2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Well, good luck but newspapers rarely print something which isn't in their own interests - and the current theme is that all people convicted of child sex offences are guilty and should be locked up for the rest of their days, if not executed.
      As far as they're concerned, it's impossible to be a convicted child sex offender and actually be innocent, because it implies the system is bent and corrupt.

So, not only will you find it harder than hard to get a paper to print anything on this subject from the perspective we both have, there's the matter of an appeal, and I've get to see any story be printed about someone waiting for an appeal, which leads me to think they're not allowed to.

Sadly you will find the nature of your husband's offence will have doors closed in your face.

Your best bet is to get a website up and running, and publish it absolutely everywhere you can.

Comment

I will, thank u so much x

I will, i cannot live my life looking back as an old woman regretting what i did not do. i hope everyone afflicted with this can read my poem on the right part of this wonderful website.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
          Sadly, that's the sort of attitude which is a result of the media hype. It's just a building with bars on.
          Children get taken to worse places, in my opinion, like town centres where everyone effs and blinds, and pubs and filthy playing areas.
          I wanted to see my kid at all costs, no matter what type of building I was in, or no matter the cost, but wasn't allowed thanks to the SS.
          Other cons having their visits was the least of my concerns.
          I will NOT take my kids to a prison, as harsh as it sounds, they come first.
          And he is a supposed "con" now and he cannot see them because if i take them to see him, no matter what, they will see me as a risk to my kids when he has been convicted. I cannot risk that and will not. As u were saying, u were not allowed to see ur own. so would u risk ur kids future by attempting even one visit? He has agreed with me on this, he does not want them in that environment either. He is innocent but so are they. And like i said, they have to come first.

Comment

What I meant is that you're displaying the same prejudice that the media harbours, so how can you expect to change the system when you're helping to prolong it? When you find MPs, journalists, and other helpful people refusing to help when you mention the nature of the conviction, you'll soon realise that they too have the same attitude.
            Until people start accepting that those accused of CSO are not always the danger they're accused of, nothing will change, the SS will still be rabid, the legal system will still be biased, convictions will still be given out despite blatant perjury, and appeals will continue to be harder to get and win than for any other conviction.
            If the partner of someone accused of this has the "they're all bad people except my husband" idea, then you have the answer to your original question: "Why can't the systems laws and the media see things from the other perspective?"

What I also meant was that had the SS not prevented me from seeing my kid, I would have given anything to have seen him. Anywhere. Prison, zoo, pub, anywhere.

So, if the SS said they could visit him, you'd still keep them away because of where he is?

My relationship perished while I was "in" and I no longer have any contact with, or chance to see, my kid. The SS are overjoyed, but did my kid's interest really come first, now he doesn't have a dad?
            Last edited by LS; 23 October 2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I Understand

I understand what you are saying and really feel for you and i must say i agree with what you are saying about the system. There are two things really, he has requested that i don't take them too see him as he doesn't want them to see him in the hell hole he is in and secondly, SS have warned me they will go on CP if i do take them. He has said he is not allowed any photos of them either and also his probation officer has warned that the governor will most probably rule against them visiting. Can they do that?
              Also i agree that your son has lost out by not having a dad. SS are awful as they let the power go to their heads. It not about keeping families together anymore, its the complete opposite.
              What can we do to change things?
              Last edited by againstfa; 23 October 2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

In short, yes. There's a PPU (Public Protection Unit) within each prison which does basically the SS job and they decide who can/can't visit.

Not being allowed photos of his kids is usual. But yes, they can do all that.

Comment

Working...
                X