Retrieved our things from Police Station- advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieved our things from Police Station- advice needed please

Hi, my DH went and picked up our camera, laptop and PC from the station. (150 miles away!) Anyway- amongst the horrible labels on the things- one of which says 'WARNING this may contain indecent images of children' There is a form which says in a box 'This matter has not been crimed yet as it was a third party referral'
    Hmmm? Any thoughts? I instantly thought it meant the accusation/complaint was made by someone other than the supposed accuser?
    Don't know why all these labels were left on the things, I really don't think they've even checked it all, tbh. Just 'RETURN' scrawled in red felt tip pen across the forms.
    If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

We've not been ignoring you honestly!!! I read your query this morning; composed a reply & then couldn't connect to the internet any more (via a mobile at that time)

Many police forces don't have their own forensic IT unit & contract out the work to private laboratories; this could explain the labeling.

I'm guessing here as well but I suspect the computer wasn't examined because the initial and main allegation was NFA'd; it would have then seemed like trawling for evidence in order just to pin anything on him (or it might simply been cost saving!)

However if he'd been charged with the main offence the computer would certainly then have been examined for corroboratory evidence.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply, ah, I see- I was wondering whether the third party referral thing might have neant that the allegation had been made my a third party and when they had looked into it they'd discovered it was false- clutching at straws of course and still trying to work out why on earth anyone would do this to us. Thanks again.

Comment

I had really horrible labels on the bags in which my stuff was stored. Included words such as "Criminal's xxxxxxx", and "Rapist's xxxxxx".

Now I am sure I was not meant to see these, and there were careful I did not take them away, and I am sure they were lab shorthand, but they made me feel sick. The OIC did not come down to return the stuff to to me; just a couple of non-police officer clerks.

Comment

thieves?

i haven't got my stuff back yet... took my pc and my camera and my phone... completely crippled me for the last 3 months and counting... whos gonna pay for my loss income?

Comment

Working...
          X