my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my story

its appeasing to see many folks here finally got their name cleared... i feel strong by reading these threads and give me strength to go through the toughest moments

so here in canada i think the police/law system works a bit differently... since i was arrested back in april, i was given a "first appearance" court date on may 19 - to obtain a disclosure package from the police and crown. they did a search warrant at my place and took my computer, cell phones and completely crippled me from my business. 6 agonizing weeks passed by and on the eve of the first court date i got a call from my lawyer saying the crown has passed the case back to the police for further investigation and my court date was cancelled

i know here in canada in order for the crown to press charges they need pass 2 tests: 1) evidence test for substanial likelihood of conviction 2) public interest... if either one fails i think there would be no court case

so i think this is good news so far, and my lawyer says basically there are no more bail conditions on me (which basically is not to contact her... i don't anyway), and if the police come up with anything new the lawyer will contact me again, and he told me to move on with life

i think the system is different from UK as there are no re-bails... so all i really want now is for the police to close the case, return my computer and expunge my arrest record... online research says the police have the right to hold my stuff up to 90 days... and then they will have to re-apply to keep it longer

my lawyer says i am not off the hook yet, so everyday it feels like i am walking with a dagger above my head, since may 19 my friends all say i have return to my previous form, and what i thought may 19 was going to be worst day of my life (didn't sleep since may 17) turned out to be one of the best day of my life

now moving forward, how do i cope with an arrest record? so far all these occurred in my private time, so it hasn't impacted my work at all, my friends all been supportive and continued to encourage me to live strong... i think this is the luckiest thing i have so far

so far this is how i feel:
    - i got robbed by the police
    - i took a $6000 ca weight loss class (lost 4 inches around my waist!)
    - permenantly suffered mental and some physical damages (some suicide attempts)

but i am still standing! any other advice on how to continue to fight now that i am in the waiting game?

thanks to everyone again in this forum... this is such a great place to be in times of need
Working...
X