Finding work while under investigation for a False Accusation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding work while under investigation for a False Accusation

They said have i ever had a CRB check done i said no.......I did not tell him about the ALLEDGED assault i am currently going through.......would this show up on my crb check, even though i have not been charged

I work as a recruitment consultant, and I can tell you that most agencies will not ask you to do a CRB check unless their client has specifically requested it. Obviously for some jobs it is essential - working with children/vulnerable adults, or working in the banking/finance/law/police sectors. The agency will ask you on their registration form whether you have any unspent convictions, or any cases currently running, but they won't do a CRB unless their client specifically asks them to.

They cannot run a CRB check on you without your signature on the form.

Your arrest would probably only show up on an enhanced CRB (ECR check. I think this is the same if you are charged but found Not Guilty. However if you are convicted it would show up on a standard CRB check. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I have moved this to the FA forum. Please can all posters make sure they are posting in the correct forum - this is a highly emotive subject and we don't want to cause anyone to get upset.
    Last edited by Saffron; 24 May 2011, 01:47 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Working...
    X