Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

I was arrested in january on an allegation of rape. I answered bail a fortnight ago and was given bail for a further six weeks . I havent been charged but the police said the case has gone to the cps. If there was evidence wouldnt i have been charged before it went to the cps. Thanks for any thoughts .

It can take months to be charged or told no further action. I took the morning off work to give my bro a lift to his first bail thing, he ended up getting bailed 3 times before being charged with sexual assult many months later.
    It's the CPS that decide if it's going to court I think?

Comment

In theory the police should charge with an offence as soon as there is 'sufficient' evidence to do so. In practice this means consulting with the CPS as to the quality & robustness of the evidence as, once charges are brought, the process is set in motion and the CPS are committed to taking the case to trial.

As they don't want to take on cases which they haven't a reasonable chance (over 50%) of winning,the best you can take from being rebailed is that there is some doubt, perhaps they want to do a little more digging, e.g. was your PC seized for anaylsis?
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
      X