Little bro in court tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigsister View Post
    Just spoke to him again, the previous time it got thrown out, he isn't sure if she dropped the charges or the CPS threw it out, but it was her 16 yr old cousin she accused apparently.
    The girl can't 'drop' the charges as it is the police who charge; she could of course say she wouldn't give evidence in court & so the CPS wouldn't bother taking it any further.

Anyhow this is good news & hopefully Bro's solicitor will be able to put this forward to the magistrates.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

There's more. Her little brother has now said he saw everything at the last minute. He wasn't even in the room! And the witness even said there was no one else in the room. Apparently they were all discussing it last night & the little boy just came out with that.
      The policeman has gone to interview the little lad now. Bro has to wait until 11.30 to find out if it will be adjourned now, as obviously new evidence. His solicitor thinks it's getting ridiculous now & all making bro look better to be honest.
      The girls mum has also said she has a prior arrangemnet with her other children later so she wont be able to stay if it goes on all day.
      Just hope they get it over with today..

Comment

Has been adjourned until june now. Not enough time to get it all done by end of tomorrow. It is only staying at magistrates. And will be a district attorney not magistrates?
        Anyone know what the difference is?
        Little boys video was shown to bro & is full of inconsistances that actually discredit the witness. So not looking too terrible. And the person she accused was her cousin! And it was of rape at the end of last year! So is AFTER she accused my bro. The CPS threw that one out. Not sure why!
        The young girl walked past my bro this afternoon, with her boyfriend, & said that's him. Bro just ignored her & walked past. Cant imagine my 14 yr old with a boyfriend!
        The girl has a history of self harm & counsellor visits, so quite troubled by the looks of it.
        Anyway, will let the thread know what happens in june. In case anyone else goes through the same thing...

Comment

hi Big sis,
          So back to the waiting game till June. Still its confirmed how shaky their story is and I dont think theyve done themselves any favours by getting the little lad in on the act, lets hope so anyway.
          People like her have no shame , if they are anything like our accusers they revel and enjoy playing the "victim". Just keep your heads down and it will all come out in the wash.
          Stay strong and all the best for June. Please let us know as Im sure I'll still be around.
          love and hugs Letty x

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsister View Post
            It is only staying at magistrates. And will be a district attorney not magistrates?
            Anyone know what the difference is?
            Hi Bigsis,

You've been watching too many American movies, we don't have district attorneys over here; I'm guessing you meant district judge.

District judges are paid members of the judiciary and usually sit alone, whilst magistrates are usually unpaid and there's usually three of them and they'll come to a joint decision.
            Last edited by Casehardened; 11 April 2011, 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
              Hi Bigsis,

You've been watching too many American movies, we don't have district attorneys over here; I'm guessing you meant district judge.

District judges are paid members of the judiciary and usually sit alone, whilst magistrates are usually unpaid and there's usually three of them and they'll come to a joint decision.

Oh! Yes that sounds right, bro said it's one person, wheras today there was 3 there.
              He also said his solicitor knows this district judge well, said he is very fair. So hopefully that's a good sign.
              Letty I fear you are right there, it seems this young lady is liking all the attention. And to accuse her cousin recently, well, I dont know what to say.
              x

Comment

Working...
              X