Update and help needed - false accusation of gay rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

thank you everyone. As i lost my job because of this I am having to apply for legal aid so guess i have to be happy with the team I have - but to be honest I have been so far anyway.

The only way the press could have got my address was from the police - when I was charged they had the bail form completed but when I was there I asked for my bail address to be changed which they agreed to and hand wrote the new address on the form - so as it was a new address and i was not at the time registered as living there in any way that can only be the answer. Its been in every local paper most with a large picture - its horrendous!

Comment

Hi Windmill, I'm so sorry at this turn of events - and as for the police letting your address be public knowledge - that's disgraceful, surely yr solicitor should complain? I don't understand why people are named publicly before a trial, I can see no benefit really and has been said, doesn't help yr confidence in a fair trial. I know where I live that quite frequently cases will not be tried in the local court but ones in towns/cities nearby.
      Best wishes to you
      Jen
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Unfortunately Plod will sometimes release the name of the accused in a "trawling" effort to encourage other accusers to come forward. Once the press have your name and age it's a simple matter for them to find out your address via the electoral roll.
        I suggest you speak to your sol about this, as it is almost certain to affect a juror's judgement if they have read about the allegations in the press.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X