Advice needed on police procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on police procedure

Last wednesday (four days ago now) my ex told me she was going to report me to the police for raping her. I did not do this and i don't even know to which time we slept together she is referring to. We were together over 3 years and slept together regularly. She is a bit mentally unstable and right now i have no idea whats going to happen, if she is just trying to scare and hurt me or if she is actually going through with this.

My question is how long will it take for the police to contact me after receiving a report? I live in a different area now from where we used to live together. Right now its been four days since she told me this, is this long enough to assume she's just trying to wind me up? Wouldn't someone have been here already?

Hi,

I can only tell you from my own experience when my Grandson was actually arrested after being accused by a girlfriend.

The report was lodged at 8.30pm on a Sunday evening and he was arrested at 1.30am the next morning.

He is serving in the forces and had gone back to base in Hampshire after weekend leave in Kent.The Police in Hampshire made the initial arrest and he was then collected by the Kent Police who brought him back to the town where the offence was reported.

Comment

Tony was arrested the day following the malicious complaint by his false accuser was made (she too had been his partner - and like you, had no idea when this was supposed to have taken place).
      Best wishes,
      Jen
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Working...
      X