i need some expert help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some expert help please

hi everyone, firstly i would like to say that when i found this site it gave me hope. i was surprised at how many people are in a similar situation to my own. i was impressed by the extent of legal knowledge shown by some members. i was falsely accused of rape four weeks ago, and as everyone here knows, it has been the worst experience i have ever had. could anyone recommend a good firm of legal aid solicitors, who specialize in false rape accusations? they have to be in the avon and somerset area. please help. thanks.

Hi Hope and welcome.
    The best person to recommend a sol is Rights Fighter. We are hoping to compile a list of good legal firms and once we have done that we will post it as a "sticky" on the FA forum.
    RF is very busy, but hopefully she will be along soon and be able to advise.
    Last edited by Saffron; 4 December 2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Saffron, thanks for the reply, rights fighter really seems to be a mine of information. im very grateful for any help or support right now. thanks again.

Comment

Ian Kelcey

http://www.kelceyandhall.co.uk/

The website is being updated but the contact details are visible. There are in Bristol - highly recommended by somebody who used them.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF - much appreciated as always.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Rights Fighter, thanks for the info and link. i was just on the phone to FASO and they recommended the same firm. i will let you know of any developments. try and keep positive everyone. many thanks.

Comment

If you are nearer to Exeter I can highly recommend sols there too. Let me know
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Glad you found us but sorry it is under these circumstances. Feel free to moan or rant. It is a horrific situation to be in and you need all the support you can find. Have you got any support in real life?
                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

thanks Rights Fighter iil give the firm in bristol a try as its much closer i appreciate the info

Hi Friday, i must say i do feel like ranting and moaning but im trying with all my might to keep a cool head as i find if i let my emotions loose then i cant function. you guys are so caring and helpful you all helping me loads. i reckon im still in shock as i still find it hard to believe im in this situation. the timing couldnt be worse.
                  as far as help and support go i do have a couple of good friends who are being very kind and helpful, but i havnt mentioned anything to colleagues etc due to the stigma attatched to the allegations. its a lonely situation. thank you so much for your concern its really touching and very much appreciated.

Comment

Glad to hear you have some good friends. Times like these can be very dark and lonely and even just knowing you have a friend at the end of the phoneline can be a comfort, even if you don't ring.
                    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

hope , sorry you find yourself here , everyone will give you as much advice as you need , good luck
                      Last edited by 990; 3 days ago.

Comment

Hi Friday and 0990,thanks for your kind words and encouragement. im concerned after reading of the experiences of some of the people on this site that the police have dealt with me differently. they did not arrest me at the time of the false accusation, they took statements from the accuser and then a month later arrested and charged me all in nine hours without checking my side of things. i couldnt possibly have been there and i have evidence and witnesses to prove it. this fell on deaf ears. is this normal procedure? hope your all ok thanks for the support.

Comment

I was arrested and bailed for five months after my accusation, they spoke to my ex prior to interviewing me and took a statement from her.
                          The cps took all this time to see if the case would be sent to court the police didn’t really tell me anything, just seemed very matter of fact to them , during this time I was rebailed three times.
                          So looking at other threads there doesn’t seem to be any real consistency I’m afraid.
                          Waiting was the hardest part, it helped me no end to keep checking the site for advice and help from everyone just to moan at times
                          I know how worried you must be at this time, so try too stay strong

Comment

Thanks 0990, im probably not thinking as clearly as i should due to lack of sleep. i cant seem to stop going over things in my mind. You have put my mind at rest as i thought i was being singled out, i didnt know this is "normal" procedure.
                            How are things going with your case? I hope its all over and you had a good result. Thanks for your replies, a few words can mean so much.

Comment

mine got nfa d april , day before my bail hearing , so no one rushed it through !

i went through all the same worries of all the people who post on the site

so matter what your concerns are people on here will offer help where they can

I know none of this is easy for you but you will get through it .
                              Last edited by 0990; 9 December 2010, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X