bit of advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit of advice please

My brother is in court today now on Trial – I was hoping he would be able to text me during the lunch break with an update – he hasn’t and I am worried. He requested I didn’t attend so am at home pacing the floorboards. Do they keep the accused in a cell during breaks, the trial is set for 4 days , so does that mean he will be “housed” over night . Sorry I’m being very brief but I can’t think straight at the moment.

Dear crazymad...Please take a deep breath and try to stop pacing the floor. Maybe you should think of that old saying "no news is good news" This is a difficult situation for you and your family to be in and I truly feel for you. Personally I don't know how the court system works but somebody else may come along and advise you. Please keep your chin up, thinking of you

Comment

Crazymad, I can only tell you how it was at my trial. I was on bail until the trial, so during the trial I was not held in the cells in any way.

However, as I understand it, if you've been remanded in custody prior to the trial then you would be in custody at the court too.

It is likely that he is discussing the case with his counsel, so don't be too concerned at a lack of update. No doubt at the end of the court sessions (4pm onwards) he'll probably get in touch.

Comment

Working...
      X