Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Accuser

Hello,

I have a close friend who has been accused by his now ex-girlfriend of rape. (She accused him after he finally got out of the relationship after a number of years).

This woman has made a number of accusations against 5 people in the past that we know of - 2 of whom she made video evidence against to the police, but claims she "dropped the case". This woman is a compulsive liar and has lied about many things that would make your jaw drop.

My friend was a very forgiving man, even forgiving this woman for an accusation of assault which cctv proved had not happened. However, thankfully the forgiveness has dried up, but he now has to deal with the hell of waiting to see what the police and cps decide to do when he goes to the police-station in about 4 weeks time. I know that you will all be able to relate to the horror of such an accusation, and the fact that we KNOW she will be telling all and sundry - thus blackening my friend's name in a horrible, horrible way. He feels dirty all of the time, and scared everytime he hears a police car.

Surely if she is a serial accuser, the police should press charges against her - it will be someone else being accused down the line if not. I believe she has a form of Munchausens - in that she gets so much attention and pity, what with being a victim (so, SO many times).

Thankyou for reading, and it would be great to hear what people think.
    Largactyl1
    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Hello Largactyl,

Firstly let me play 'devil's advocate' and say just because a woman has made false accusations in the past doesn't mean that she can't be genuinely raped, therefore the police & CPS can't invoke the principle of 'crying wolf'; they must investigate this allegation as thoroughly as any other.

I believe that unless any of the other allegations were actually taken to court, rather than dropped prior, she can’t be accused of perverting the course of justice (though I suppose she could be charged with wasting police time)

Having said all this, I don’t think your friend has much to worry about. The police are human and there must be an element of ‘oh no, here she is again’ creeping in and they will be looking for this allegation to be also false. You didn’t say in your post but I presume your friend was arrested, interviewed, & bailed. Be prepared for there to be a couple more bails, before the CPS come to a decision as what to do.

As you say, the worst thing is the accuser repeating the allegations to all and sundry (I've been there, got the T shirt, etc) and there is nothing that can be done about this. All your friend can do is carry on as normal with head held high (bear in mind that the average person will assume that a rape allegation automatically leads to a remand in custody, so it is important that he is seen out and about)

Remember that one indication of a false accuser is that they will tell as many people as they can in order to bolster the lie to themselves.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi, thankyou for your response,

My friend was arrested a few weeks ago, had his phone, computer, clothes etc. taken and has to report to the police in approx 4 weeks time.

We are all just horrified that this woman has made such a horrible accusation - as well as the horrible damage she has done to my friend - her actions (and by people who do the same) make it so much harder for real victims of assault/rape to come forwards. She used to be a friend of mine (my husband didn't like her much - he has never suffered fools) until her lies grew too much to cope with plus her severe alcoholism.

It is only 10 months since this woman made a false statement to the police about my friend - saying she had been beaten up in town. When in fact the cctv proved this had not happened. She of course told all and sundry that this was due to a "blindspot" on the cctv but the police were very clear that there were no blindspots - 7 seperate cameras caught them. He still took her back, I warned him that she was capable of this, and sadly this nightmare has been realised. (One of the few times I would happily have been wrong).

I am very glad this site exists as my friend and I have just gone over and over the accusation but without knowledge - also with thinking that false accusation is a rare crime. In reality (it would seem) it is not that rare at all.

Largactyl1 x
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

I have to say that I am surprised the police are still investigating this matter.

From what you say they knew she was lying some time ago and there is plenty of evidence to prove it. What is stopping them NFA'ing the matter themsleves instead of waiting for the CPS?

Does your friend have a solicitor and if so, what does s/he say about this?
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X