Having a hard time of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for the support.
    If my solicitor doesnt get an answer by this afternoon is unlikely that they wont have one by 5pm?

Comment

no idea - they're just as likely to keep you both waiting and then tell you there's no further charge.

It's hopeless trying to second guess - just go with it and prepare for the worst scenario.

Wish I could be more positive for you, but we're all hoping that sense will prevail.
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

hope all goes ok matey and stay posative will be thinking of yah

Comment

just spoken to solicitor theyre going to re-bail but not sure how long for yet. does this mean anything negative?

Comment

just incompetence on their part I should imagine - but please be aware that when you go back, they may add other charges. But hopefuly they won't.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Sorry to hear of the re-bail. Not the best we could have hoped for, but not the worst either.
              Another wait. Thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by macdougal View Post
                just spoken to solicitor theyre going to re-bail but not sure how long for yet.
                Hi,

Does this mean you don't have to go tonight?
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Just got back. Re-bail until the 22nd of March.
                  Apparantly it hasnt been sent to the CPS yet but will be going very soon.
                  Being sent as an "advice file" does this mean anything?

Comment

good grief - booze up and brewery springs to mind.

Comment

... preceded by "couldn't organise..."

Commiserations macdougal. thought you might've had an answer to put your mind at ease, but then again no news is good news. The longer it goes on, obviously they're clutching at straws. If they had a case, they'd be rushing to tell you the good news and collect their rewards. The fact they're delaying and dilly-dallying speaks volumes.
                      To them I'd say "Pee... or get off the pot."
                      Last edited by LS; 8 February 2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

soz to hear you have been re-bailed until the 22nd march (same day as mine how bizzare) ive been to answer bail only to be re-bailed so im with you every step. its not an ideal situation but look at it this way- it aint the worst. the wait is the worst...
                        But keep going and like you say good will come of this.
                        I got an appointment to see my solicitor tomorrow see if i can get some info or owt.

Comment

im gathering from your responses this is more of a formality investigation than anything serious for me?
                          everybody, from my solicitor to the bail sargeant are talking to me like its formality and emphasising the *IF* you get charged

Comment

The waiting is the worst but, while it seems unbelievable now, in time you will not be thinking about your situation 24/7, normality creeps in for a few minutes once in a while.

The important thing is to keep talkng, don't bottle your feelings up.

Remember the positives, you're not charged or remanded and when the paperwork is being shuffled around it means that there is lots of doubt. The police and the CPS are only human beings after all, they'll crack on with the high-profile or easy cases first, and push the ones that would be difficult to prosecute and win to the back of the box
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

It's true. The wait is the worst part, but your life will gradually begin to get back to normal. Sometimes you will even be able to go for a couple of days without thinking about it. Then it will jump up and bite you on the backside again.
                              I don't want to get your hopes up, and my mantra is always "prepare for the worst" but the fact that the file hasn't been sent to the CPS yet sounds positive to me. Having said that, R was rebailed for exactly the same reason, and then charged when he answered bail the second time.

Comment

bad crack bout the re bail was hoping it would be all over for you matey and u could get life back on track but keep your chin up and keep busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X