update, worried mam and dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update, worried mam and dad

hi everyone. Just to let you all know - SHE was up at magistrates court today - she has pleaded not guilty so it will now go to crown court (dont know how long it will take). We have still not heard from witness care, although we appreciate the case only really started today. We didnt go to the court to see her - I (mam) dont want to and dad would be too angry and maybe wouldnt control himself if he saw her! Of course we will go to crown court to support our son, but cant say looking forward to it. I suppose, deep down i had hoped she would just plead guilty - worried how things would look if she were found not guilty - as that would mean they believe her? All we can hope is that the police have lots of good evidence to bring to court. We keep going from being happy that she has been charged and our son is not a suspect, to worry and i suppose shock still that it has happened in the first place. I still cant get my head around how easy it is to destroy someones reputation and whole future, and how the whole family is affected.

thanks

Hi, I don't think she'll have a leg to stand on when it goes to court - I can't see her solicitor being happy about it. Though I daresay it doesn't matter to him cos he gets paid either way.

Keep strong and look forward to the day she gets her comeuppance.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Further update

Hi everyone - just to let you know the police phoned our son today - apparently he is not the "named"victim (presumably she cried rape on the other man first), but they might still use our son as a character witness - ie to show her bad character in that she seems to make a habit of saying she is raped. Apparently when she was due at court she didnt turn up initially and barricaded herself in the house so the police had to get her out! So our son MAY not have to give evidence - presumably it depends on how well the case is going? Anyway, nothing more to report for now. Take care.

Comment

That must be a great relief for you all.

I do hope she gets the sentence she deserves - what a disservice she's done for all ladies that are going through it for real.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

YES RFLH she has done a great disservice to all those ladies that are going through it for real.
          she makes you ashamed to be a lady.

Comment

Thanks for the update WM&D. I hope your son is OK and that you are coping. It's good to hear your news.

Comment

Working...
            X