Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well hello :) help needed with change to the law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hello :) help needed with change to the law!

Hi guys. I have just emailed David Cameron with regards to some views I have. I know you may not all agree, and all comments are welcome.

I feel that, whilst there is a compensation scheme in place where you will get roughly £11k for making a rape allegation, the amount of these allegations that are false, will increase.

I feel this has already happened. Unfortunately some people find themselves in financial difficulty and know that if they just tell a lie, they'll eventually be quids in. This way of thinking is not something that would go on in my brain, but it does happen. So whilst the compensation is there, it's an incentive to lie. But what about the incentive for genuine victims? Well that's a good question, change it. Change it so that compensation can be awarded, only when the accused is convicted, and the amount of money saved through this method should be spent on one to one support for genuine victims of rape and their families.

I think I heard about a country where they made this change and the amount of false allegations reduced rapidly. The liars who do this for money have no idea what they put the accused through along with their families and friends. Through supporting my partner I have lost many friends. Not because they think he is a rapist, but because I have been so tied up in the situation spending all my time supporting him, that I simply don't have time to be going out drinking and forgetting my troubles. These troubles can't be forgotten.

This website has been a godsend for me. But why should we have to have a forum of this nature? Where we have many members who have experienced vicious accusers ruining their lives?!

You are all truly amazing for supporting each other, the situation that we have all found ourselves in is one that is difficult to deal with, and having people on this board supporting us is truly a life saver.

Another angle I would like to tackle is the anonymity that I feel should be granted to accused rapists, and their names should only be published once a conviction has taken place.

I think David Cameron has mentioned that he would like to put this in place, but I don't know how far things went etc. we have enough to contend with without the press adding their twisted stories to our local papers that are sold in our towns, showing the full name and street name of the accused, with a dirty headline and a story that presumes them guilty.

Please add your input, I'm going to make damn sure that things change. Not just for my man but for all you who this has happened to, for the families of the accused, and the partners of those wrongly convicted.

Over and out lusijay xx

I have moved this to a more appropriate section of the forum.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
      I have moved this to a more appropriate section of the forum.
      Thank you faith I'll get there in the end with all these different sections

Comment

Originally posted by Lusijay View Post
        Hi guys. I have just emailed David Cameron, all comments are welcome.

only when the accused is convicted,
        If the accused is convicted

You are all truly amazing for supporting each other, the situation that we have all found ourselves in is one that is difficult to deal with, and having people on this board supporting us is truly a life saver.
        Yes. Me too.

the anonymity that I feel should be granted to accused rapists, and their names should only be published once a conviction has taken place.
        accused, or rapists, Luisjay? And

once a conviction has taken place.
        or if a conviction has taken place ??

Interesting ideas.
        Last edited by just married; 16 January 2013, 10:48 PM.
        I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

I feel that, whilst there is a compensation scheme in place where you will get roughly £11k for making a rape allegation, the amount of these allegations that are false, will increase.

I feel this has already happened. Unfortunately some people find themselves in financial difficulty and know that if they just tell a lie, they'll eventually be quids in. This way of thinking is not something that would go on in my brain, but it does happen. So whilst the compensation is there, it's an incentive to lie. But what about the incentive for genuine victims? Well that's a good question, change it. Change it so that compensation can be awarded, only when the accused is convicted
          I tried not to read too much into this side of things as i would have just gotten angrier that the scales were tipping more in my accusers favour.. But is this information correct?

~£11k just for an allegation? I was under the impression it could only be applied for if a conviction was the result...

Comment

11k sweetener...

Hi there.

You wrote "I think I heard about a country where they made this change and the amount of false allegations reduced rapidly."

Howabout: the number of allegations in total dropped highlighting the number of allegations that were made just to collect the filthy lucre!

Also - yes. No need for conviction. It's just really that simple: need cash for nice holiday, new car or redecoration? Got no moral compass? Then FA might just be for you! All you need is a patsy. It's that simple.

Like I said in jest - if you get FA'd - it would be a smart move to go to another plod and make a FA against your FA - they'll "have" to believe you lol - 1500 quid extra a year in jail goes a long way...
            Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Originally posted by IvorBinWronged View Post
              All you need is a patsy. It's that simple.
              Ooo! Thats me!

Comment

An interesting blog:

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co....-women-to.html

And

http://www.theopinionsite.org/should...on-sex-crimes/

Note that Germany has sensibly abolished routine payment of compensation (I believe that counselling is offered instead)
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

apologising for grumpiness

Thanks, CH. and sorry, Lusijay. Particularly grumpy last night. However, I read this so many times.... "When the accused is convicted" etc. An allegation is an allegation. (X said this about Y)

best wishes,

JM
                  Last edited by just married; 17 January 2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

In my work helping the falsely accused I have come across many genuine victims of sexual abuse who have supported the accused - and they've told me about their experiences. Each one has said that they would not claim compensation as it would feel as though they were being paid to be sexually abused - rather like prostitution. Their words not mine.

Top notch therapy is the way to go. Money buys booze, drugs and nice holidays. I have yet to hear about an accuser who has been paid out use to to obtain real help.

One liar has nearly gone through her £16K in around two months. She's spent it on booze that can only be bought online (bragging about it on Facebook), computer games, laptops, expensive tickets to rock concerts, oh yes and a holiday to the very place where she claimed all the horrific 'memories' of the alleged abuse came back.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by just married View Post
                      Thanks, CH. and sorry, Lusijay. Particularly grumpy last night. However, I read this so many times.... "When the accused is convicted" etc. An allegation is an allegation. (X said this about Y)

best wishes,

JM
                      No it's fine I was trying so hard to not insult genuine victims and with all that in my head I guess I didn't write it correctly but I'm glad you got the gist. I also tried very hard not to label the accusers as women as this can also happen the other way around x

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        In my work helping the falsely accused I have come across many genuine victims of sexual abuse who have supported the accused - and they've told me about their experiences. Each one has said that they would not claim compensation as it would feel as though they were being paid to be sexually abused - rather like prostitution. Their words not mine.

Top notch therapy is the way to go. Money buys booze, drugs and nice holidays. I have yet to hear about an accuser who has been paid out use to to obtain real help.

One liar has nearly gone through her £16K in around two months. She's spent it on booze that can only be bought online (bragging about it on Facebook), computer games, laptops, expensive tickets to rock concerts, oh yes and a holiday to the very place where she claimed all the horrific 'memories' of the alleged abuse came back.
                        Wow! It's just goes to show that they may think they are clever in accusing and raping the legal system (sorry distasteful I know!) but one slip on Facebook and boom! Lets hope all the false accusers trip themselves up!

Comment

Wow! It's just goes to show that they may think they are clever in accusing and raping the legal system (sorry distasteful I know!)
                          Not at all. I really enjoyed this one, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post

Top notch therapy is the way to go.
                            Thank you RF. NHS is top notch in my book. If that ever changes, I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                              An interesting blog:

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co....-women-to.html

Note that Germany has sensibly abolished routine payment of compensation (I believe that counselling is offered instead)
                              Just wish to repeat my thanks to CH for this, and maybe give this piece a little more exposure. It does seem to be fairly definitive. I'm struggling with these figures, and may have to get out my calculator.

"In the UK during 2008-2009, 1,938 payments were made to "victims" of rape for a total of £30,197,619"

Edit... Got calculator.... that works out to an average just over 15 1/2 grand each between 1,938 claimants.
                              Last edited by just married; 18 January 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X