European Court of Human Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Court of Human Rights

A few months ago I listened in dismay to a radio 4 program where a school teacher was speaking of his experience of FRA. He'd actually been imprisoned and found not guilty on appeal and to make matters even worst he received a bill for his prison stay . Asked if he'd thought of taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights he said he'd been told it cost an outrageous amount of money. In view of the huge impact FRA have on individuals and their families I wonder if it would be appropriate to start a donation system on this site to take one of the many cases that appear here to the ECHR in order to help bring the problem into the public domaine.

I don't think anyone would want to take responsibilty for donations coming in and usually the people who post are not in work and find it hard to make ends meet as it is.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
      A few months ago I listened in dismay to a radio 4 program where a school teacher was speaking of his experience of FRA. He'd actually been imprisoned and found not guilty on appeal and to make matters even worst he received a bill for his prison stay . Asked if he'd thought of taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights he said he'd been told it cost an outrageous amount of money. In view of the huge impact FRA have on individuals and their families I wonder if it would be appropriate to start a donation system on this site to take one of the many cases that appear here to the ECHR in order to help bring the problem into the public domaine.
      Many people on the site are facing their own legal battles and wouldn't be able to afford giving donations. There would also be the problem of how one would decide who eventually gets the raised money...

I understand where you're coming from though
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
        Many people on the site are facing their own legal battles and wouldn't be able to afford giving donations. There would also be the problem of how one would decide who eventually gets the raised money...

I understand where you're coming from though

Points taken. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
          A few months ago I listened in dismay to a radio 4 program where a school teacher was speaking of his experience of FRA.

He'd actually been imprisoned and found not guilty on appeal and to make matters even worst he received a bill for his prison stay.

Asked if he'd thought of taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights he said he'd been told it cost an outrageous amount of money.

In view of the huge impact FRA have on individuals and their families I wonder if it would be appropriate to start a donation system on this site to take one of the many cases that appear here to the ECHR in order to help bring the problem into the public domaine.

Anybody who receives compensation for wrongful imprisonment from the Ministry of Justice have to pay a percentage back for 'bed and board' despite the fact they would never have chosen to go to prison in the first place.

To appeal to ECJ or ECHR one has to apply within 6 months of the last domestic court hearing in the member country. This begs the question - when was that teacher's appeal?

Also, to appeal to ECJ or ECHR, as far as I know, if done via the proper route should not not cost the applicant anything. The first point of call is the Supreme Court. This has to be certified by CA. If not, then that can cost a lot of money

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/proce...and-costs.html

If the Supreme Court rejects the matter the next place is Europe.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
          X