Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is cctv not a default setting for the falsely accused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is cctv not a default setting for the falsely accused?

How come home CCTV WITH AUDIO is not an endorsed course of action by this site for the FA'd when there are so many benefits to having a system like:

proving bail conditions have been met

seeing what psycho is outside your house before you answer the door (does that include plod lol)

visual deterrent for would-be-assailants (they come out of the funkin' walls and floorboards when you've been FA'd)

It certainly is as cheap as it ever has been with most telly's being multiples more in cost.

So why?

Thanks in advance.
    Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

because it wouldn't occur to anyone to have it installed 'just in case' - would you have thought about having it installed before it happened to you?
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

To clarify:

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
      because it wouldn't occur to anyone to have it installed 'just in case' - would you have thought about having it installed before it happened to you?
      No. I mean after the event to capture any salient data which would help the FA'd in their post arrest, pre-banana purgatory.

Why not suggest it as an intelligent precaution.
      Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

I have to post again as it won't let me edit.

Why not suggest it as an intelligent precaution.

* your False Accuser will "always be believed" so getting it in post accusation is is better than post-arrest because it WILL happen and Plod always have the opportunity to make a mistake and skew what is said to them by you and/or others upon your arrest. That's why I say get audio with each camera. Funnily enough just looking at kits, the cheaper Chinese kits from eBay are more likely to have the audio embedded in the camera and those led's glow red at night. No Nailks is a quid and the cables will go between the rubbers on uPVC. I could hold a camera against the underside of my bedroom outer wall for 20 minutes if it was going to save me 5 years!

Comment

Only certain things that CCTV can catch. Not to mention the expense...It's not just at your own home where bail conditions can be broken. Many who are accused of breaking bail conditions, are accused while they're out and about.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

CCTV time and date settings are usually set by the user. How would the police know that the timer was set accurately and the accused was not out and about up to no good?

This is bordering on paranoia. There are other ways of making sure there is somebody with you or you were elsewhere if you are accused of being somewhere you should not be.

If you are out and about make sure you smile at the nearest CCTV camera. By something using your credit or debit card and keep receipts. Withdraw money from a cashpoint that has CCTV pointed at it.......

Go everywhere with a friend or relative..........
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Paranioa is awareness.

You can set the CCTV camera on the front door to send an email to an outside email address which has to go via an independent dat stamped route each time someone passes by a portion of its view - it is a easy user achievable setting. This could be forwarded to your phone as a more readily available email should you need to show anyone.

This function is in all CCTV recorders now like defrost in a microwave.

As for cost. Get an old hard drive, buy a new DVR from eBay and one 2nd hand camera - cable and psu is a tenner - all-in less than a ton!

You could even get that friend you were going to drag to the mall to help you fit it.

Yes and use the other CCTV systems around too but make sure they are the local authority ones because you can requisition the data from them a lot more easily should you need to. The local newsagent may have CCTV but they are not going to help you whereas the LA have to under the DPA.

Comment

And if you happen to be out of the house when you are seen elsewhere, how does that help you prove you were not where you are alleged to be have been?

Paranoia can be the precursor to certain mental illnesses. Best not to give in to it or you will make yourself ill.

Comment

come back and tell us how you get on with this won't you?
                  And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

a simple case of logistics...

Home cctv can give you a definitive date time stamp that you got to your house at a time. Add that to the last council camera you were seen on and you have a distance equals speed divided by time arguement.

Bailed individual A was seen on FA's road at midday Saturday.

Not possible - they were seen in the town centre at 11am,got the bus at 11.20, got off bus at bus stop x at 11.57 and were observed entering their house at 1205 - with no chance of breaking the laws of physics to be on their FA's street.

Obviously the FA cannot be next street for this scenario but it works all the same and guess what - no jail...

All for less than a ton...

Lol - no I am not selling systems on eBay but maybe I should...

Comment

I wish you luck with that - have you got anything to prevent goalposts being moved?

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                        I wish you luck with that - have you got anything to prevent goalposts being moved?
                        Can you please expand upon the goalposts being moved please?

Comment

Here's a for instance:

Accuser says: 'It happened when I was 10 years old and I was living at Aunty Nancy's house in Sidmouth and went on until I was 12'.

Solid evidence is then put that the accused never knew the accuser at the age of 10 and that Aunty Nancy didn't live in Sidmouth when the accuser was 10.

The goal-posts are then moved to encompass from age 10 (even though the accused didn't know her then) until the time Aunt Nancy started living in Sidmouth, and a couple of years beyond that and to when the accused met the accuser and up to her 14th birthday' - just in case she got the ages wrong and where it allegedly started and where her aunt was living.

Comment

CCTV adds concrete to events...

...with CCTV, two of the current happenings on here would be banana ready...

Can we have a poll please?

Comment

Working...
                            X