X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Witnesses

How common is a false witness?

Is it an unheard of thing?

Do judges, solicitors etc occasionally encounter this and see it as all part of their job to suss them out?

This is proper blagging my head.

What do you mean by 'false witness'?
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

someone who wasn't there but is alleging they were and backing the statement of the alleged victim

Comment

There were false witnesses in my case.
        I'd imagine they are fairly common...after all...if the allegation is false and a witness is saying it is not then they are automatically a false witness.

The difficulty is in proving it.
        Often they will conspire with the accuser and get their stories straight before hand.
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Good answer. Often liars will hook in others into their web of lies for a variety of reasons. They may well say they saw x, y and z happen. I am dealing with an appeal now where there are four different versions of the same alleged incident.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

yes that is a issue in our appeal also ..3 different versions of witness reports

Comment

.......and in our case there were no witnesses until, lo and behold , they were told there's nothing to go on, then 6 months later a 'witness' comes forward

Xx
              I live in hope it's over forever

Comment

A case of liars attracting other liars comes to mind

Comment

Working...
                X