Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a woman be prosecuted for false accusations under these circumstances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a woman be prosecuted for false accusations under these circumstances?

A women makes a report of rape against someone, but then claims she doesn't want to press charges, however she doesn't change her story and claims the rape did take place, therefore a video interview takes place and a police investigation goes on.

Is she then protected from being done prosecuted for making the report falsely just because she claims she didn't want to press charges? I would assume she would still get prosecuted if proven to be lying because police time is wasted as a result of her report.

Is that how it works?

You say 'proven to be lying' A not guilty verdict against the accused is not proof that she was lying.

A woman being prosecuted for a false accusation is very very rare. It would only happen if she admitted she was lying or if there was similarly strong evidence that proved she was lying.

In a case of one word against the other, where she sticks to her word, it wouldn't happen.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
      You say 'proven to be lying' A not guilty verdict against the accused is not proof that she was lying.

A woman being prosecuted for a false accusation is very very rare. It would only happen if she admitted she was lying or if there was similarly strong evidence that proved she was lying.

In a case of one word against the other, where she sticks to her word, it wouldn't happen.
      I know that "not guilty" does not equate to accuser being guilty.

There is numerous bits of evidence that work against her and i'm sure the police have their suspisions. They even told me the other day that they're making a decision and would be in contact soon to let me know what happens. I get the feeling that they don't believe her atall.

Comment

I've got quite a lot of evidenence that contradicts that which she told to the police during her interview. She also said oddities during her statement, such as "after he raped me, he didn't cuddle me to sleep like he usually does, upsetting me".

The most recent bit of evidence is from an online chat that she had with an old friend of ours, where she says "don't be sad for me, i'm not, i used to be a loner, and now i've the centre of attention xD" I have this screenshotted, aswell as a whole ton of other similar things.

Comment

Just spoke to the DC in charge of my case, he said that a decision is being made, i should hear after the weekend. He said that as he sees it, there's not enough evidence against me to charge me, and he has put that view forward, and also said though that it's not up to him, but we'll soon know the result.

I put forward the log of her saying "don't be sad, i'm not, now i'm the centre of attention". He responded that they are aware of it in that respect.

Honestly, this woman is crazy, she has serious mental problems and is basically ruining her own life, she is out of control, and she is the worst attention seeker i've had the misfortune to know. It looks like they've picked up on that.

Comment

not wanting to press charges is not equivalent to being proven to have lied. The fact that she sticks to the story will encourage an investigation. For the police, they might see her as a genuine victim who just dont want a lot of fuss but because she still sticks to her story then they have to give her "justice" like any genuine victims who would be scared about reporting.

And as Faith said, prosecution for this lies mostly happens when she admit lying in court.

Comment

Working...
            X