Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info please

hello,
    i am accused of raping lady i used to live with. we met online over internet then i moved to uk and i was living with her as my friend. but then few months back i left her house and next thing i find out was she accused me to rape her ( digital penetration) i am 25 and she is 60 yrs old ( canabies addict) and on medicine taking benifits.... i was arrested few months back and i was on bail. then cps extended my bail till tomorrow . tomorrow i am going to report at the police station.... can you please advise me on my position..... if i get convicted tomorrow will i be put in a jail or i will be given a date for court? is there any chance that they finish my case( which i think is a stupid question to ask but anyways) or only words from some lady is enough???

Hi what402

If your bail was extended to tomorrow, then that means that tomorrow the police and cps will either drop the charges, or they will charge you. You will not be convicted tomorrow.

What will happen is that you will probably continue to be bailed until a court date is set.
    Sadly, just words from one lady are enough to get you convicted, but try to keep positive.
    I hope that helps.

Comment

trust me life is **** these day....... cant study cant do anything dont know what will happen next ( all i know is i wll fight coz i am not guilty) so is there any chance will they extend my bail date again or they can extend maximum 2 times?

Comment

Originally posted by what402 View Post
        so is there any chance will they extend my bail date again or they can extend maximum 2 times?
        Hi What402,

Unfortunately you can be rebailed ad-infinitum as there is no maximum period laid down in PACE. (however if you are rebailed too many times your solicitor might be able to get the case dropped by applying for abuse of process but twice isn't enough for this)

Common experience amongst forum members is for bail to last for up to 9 months.

Good luck for today!
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I hope all goes well.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

guys i am rebailed till jan 2011 and the changed my reporting police station.... what should i do in mean while should i wait for police to decide either they want to take me to the court or what? can me or my solicitor do anything in mean while?

advice needed....... can anybody give me some good solicitors name in london please?

Comment

Hi What402

Unfortunately there is very little your sol can do until/unless you are charged. The police/CPS won't release the accusers or witnesses statements until that point. Unfortunately as CH says, you can be rebailed and rebailed forever.

I think RF has mentioned Tuckers Solicitors in London as being very good.

Good luck.

Comment

Could someone explain what this Digital Pentration is as seen this in a few posts now.

Gareth

Comment

Digital penetration means inserting the fingers into the vagina. It used to be classed as sexual assault but in 2003 the law was changed to class it as rape. Same as if an object is inserted into the vagina - rape.

Comment

Thank you for explaining. It is a very strange way to word this.

Comment

Hi Gareth589,

I guess you are fairly young and have been brought up in the 'digital' age.

The oldies on the forum will remember the days before computers when a 'digit' was simply a finger

(the connection is in 'how many fingers and thumbs do we have?')
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

you forgot to mention that rape is now any orifice, vagina, anus and mouth.

This is a useful site

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...nition_of_rape
                        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
                        X