Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mum diagnosed with lung cancer

Hi, I'm Melamy.

Just need to know I'm normal (whatever that is). Mum just been diagnosed with lung cancer, won't know until Monday what type or what stage. Not feeling too bad yet until we know, but am feeling incredibly drained - is this normal. Mum feeling god knows what and trying, I think, to put a brave face on things.

Hi Melamy

My sweet what is normal when someone you care for is ill, the human mind and emotions play games on us during times or stress, switching off and wanting to believe everything will be fine, or simply blocking out the issues we have to face, but what is true is no matter what situation you see yourself in at this time, your mum is still your mum and should be supported and looked upon as simply still being your mum.

My own mother had issues with TB many, many years ago, I understand and can see things from an "insiders point of view", my sweet at this time all you can do is be as positive as you possibly can be, the worst thing my mother saw within our family was all of us walking on egg shells around the situation and issues, its not fair on anyone to bottle emotions up.

I am sure your mum would want you to speak your mind, say what you feel you need to say, cry, laugh and just be you, I know that when my mother was diagnosed it was quite a shock and we wanted everything in the world to stop and "why was this happening to us", there is no answers to many questions.

Just love your mum and yourself for the people you are, be there when she wants you to be there but also read the signs and give her the space she needs to come to termns with whatever the outcome may be.

Sorry if this is a little too late but I have just logged in and read your post.

Some cancers are very easy to deal with, they are there and with treatment responed well, until you have positive proof either way I suggest you look on the positive side or the situation you have found yourselves in, but one thing I would advise, is let your mum know just how much you love and care for her, (i never spoke these words and though it is over 25 yrs since my mother passed away, I still fee ashamed and guilty for not showing as much effection to her as I possibly could have done)

One thing, this may seem harsh but never forget yourself in all of this, the person your mum wants you to be and wants you to grow into, the distaine and effects of such an illness can cause a person to lose themselves, (i have been there) do not allow the pain you are in to drive a wedge between your mum and yourself, time is precious and so is your relationship with your mum.

Enjoy each day and always be positive, in your situation just one step at a time and one day at a time, always look for your own "Better Day Tomorrow".

Be happy, and proud of who you are and who your mum has been to you.

Respect and Friendship

GINGER-TAZ

Comment

Working...
    X